What do you do when you know that you have not met your service aims?
- Look for a workaround or other temporary solution
- Think about how you escalate this to management a service/other escalation next step and plan this ( with management?)
- Acknowledge your negative emotions, but decide not to display them.
- Expect some conflict or unpleasant reaction
- Consider if this interaction may just be damage limitation
- DECIDE TO RISE ABOVE IT.
- Try to handle the conflict in a private setting
As you break the bad news ( during the conversation)
- Let the customer vent – do not interrupt
- Be ready to explain fully if that is requested
- Apologize ( in many cultures)
- Offer escalation before it is requested
- Consider offering compensation before it is requested
- Be ready to reaffirm the importance of the relationship
- Make sure to follow up when things are calmer