Virtual Presentation Checklist
Web meetings, Webinars, Virtual Training…..
You are presenting to people all over the world who are not in the same room as you.
The purpose of this checklist is have a systematic look at the techniques that make virtual presentations more interesting. As you examine each factor, give it a score from 0 to 3 to indicate how much you use this technique.
0 = not true for me at all
1. Ask yourself two essential questions:
Question 1: What do you really want to do ?
Think of it like this. The audience is at point A and you need to get them to point B.
Question 2: What do you want them to say about you?
2. Ask yourself – What is on the audience’s minds?
3. Remember WIIFY ( What’s in it for you )
Think of the audience as saying “What’s In It For Me?
Consider the audience benefits and make sure you state them.
4. Consider your main message/s. This is essential.
5. Consider audience differences (age, background, culture, knowledge levels)
6. Now collect and collate your material with all of this in mind.
7. Design the opening & ending.
8. Consider the questions you will be asked.
9. NOW, put it all together.
10. Delete the unnecessary parts.
Go through steps 1 -3 again to check you are on track for the whole point of the presentation.
11. Rehearse and time yourself.
12. Prepare for their questions by writing a list of likely questions and your answers. Include the really tricky ones.